Answers to the Difficult Bible Trivia Questions
1.After resting on Mount Ararat for 40 days in the ark, what type of bird did Noah first send out?
A. A raven—Genesis 8:6-7
2. Pilate had an inscription written saying, "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews," and put it on the cross above Jesus. It was written in what three languages?
A. Hebrew, Latin and Greek—John 19:19-20
3. Zipporah was married to a famous character in the Bible. Who was he?
A. Moses—Exodus 2:21
4. While Paul sailed to Rome, their ship ran aground on a reef in a storm, and everyone aboard managed to get safely to shore. Where were they?
A. The island of Melita, newer translations call it Malta—Acts 27:41-44, 28:1
5. Fill in the blank—"And they cast lots for them, and the lot fell upon_______; and he was added to the eleven apostles."
A. Matthias—Acts 1:26
6. The Jews were allowed to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem under whose orders?
A. King Darius—Ezra 6:1-12
7. In John's vision of the New Jerusalem, why is there is no temple?
A. Because the Lord God and the Lamb will be the temple—Revelation 21:22
8. A Roman soldier asked Jesus to heal his beloved servant when He arrived in that town. Where did this take place?
A. Capernaum—Luke 7:1-10
9. The Book of John contains the shortest verse in the entire Bible. What is the verse?
A. Jesus wept—John 11:35
10. Who dreamed of a tree that grew all the way to heaven?
A. Nebuchadnezzar—Daniel 4:1-11
11. Who went without food, and walked, for 40 days and nights?
A. Elijah, as he fled from the evil Jezebel—1 Kings 19:4-8
12. Who was King Jehu's father?
A. Jehoshaphat—2 Kings 9:2
13.Who told Pilate not to have anything to do with Jesus because of a troubling dream this person had?
A. Pilate's wife—Matthew 27:19
14. Many biblical characters had names with specific meanings. For example, the name David meant "beloved," and Festus meant "prosperous." Which Old Testament prophet's name meant "worshipper of the Lord"?
15. God told which prophet to shave his head and beard?
A. Ezekiel—Ezekiel 5:1-4
16. Who was the mother who annually made a little coat for her son?
A. Hannah, and her son was Samuel—1 Samuel 1:20, 2:18-19
17. Lapidoth’s wife was famous for what?
A. Her name was Deborah, and she was Israel's first woman judge—Judges 4:4-5
18. Why will people be thrown into the lake of fire?
A. Because they will not have their names written in the Book of Life—Revelation 20:15
19. The book of Genesis mentions the first hunter. Who was he?
A. Nimrod—Genesis 10:9
20. In an effort to stop a plague, who ran carrying incense into the middle of the Israelites?
A. Aaron—Numbers 16:46-48
21. In order to help her people, what Israelite woman murdered Sisera, the Canaanite captain, in her tent?
A. Jael—Judges 4:17-22
22. Hannah was Samuel's mother. Who was she married to?
A. Elkanah—1 Samuel 1:8
23. After he murdered Abel, and his subsequent confrontation with the Lord, Cain departed and settled where?
A. The land of Nod—Genesis 4:16
24. There will come a day when young men will see visions and old men will dream dreams, according to which Old Testament prophet?
A. Joel—Joel 2:28
25. What biblical character had five husbands?
A. The Samaritan women at the well that Jesus spoke with—John 4:7, 17-18
26. Samuel was a great prophet and leader, but his two sons did not measure up to his standards. What were they known for?
A. They were made judges over Israel, but took bribes and perverted justice—1 Samuel 8:1-3
27. While Jesus traveled through Jericho, there was a tax collector who climbed a tree to see Him. Who was he?
A. Zacchaeus, because he was short and couldn't see over the crowds—Luke 19:1-10
28. During a famine, Isaac settled in Gerar at the urging of the Lord. Who posed as his sister?
A. Rebekah, his wife; Isaac was afraid the men would kill him to get his wife—Genesis 26:6-11
29. Jesus was not always welcome wherever He went, for He was almost killed by an angry mob in what city?
A. Nazareth—Luke 4:29
30. David was a great king but one of his sons led a major revolt against him. Who was he?
A. Absalom—2 Samuel 15